Sunday, March 17, 2013

26. Last Week

On Monday, March 11th, it was my birthday. It was really cool and I got loads of presents from my friends and host family. My host family took us up Lions Head before school, because they thought we couldn't leave without having done that hike. We hiked for about thirty minutes and reached the top, the view from up there was amazing. Camps Bay, Clifton, Sea Point, Green Point, City Bowl, Table Mountain, we could see it all! After the hike, we drove back to Newlands and I went to school. School ended at five. At six, we met up with all our friends at Spur (burger place) in Cavendish Mall for my birthday. It was really cool!

The next day, on Tuesday, my host mom took Domas and me to Cape Point. It was a long drive. At Cape Point, we enjoyed the view over False Bay and the Cape Peninsula and saw loads of dassies. 

On Wednesday, Annick's host mom took the Dutchies to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Stellenbosch (university town), and Rhodes Memorial (place with a good view over CT). It was really nice as you can see in the pictures below.

Thursday was a regular school day, but that night, we had the Dutchies' Goodbye at Annick's. It was sad... I went to bed realizing that it'd be the last time to sleep there.

Here are some photos of my last week:

View from Lions Head

View from Lions Head

Domas and me at Cape Point

Dassy at Cape Point

Cape Point Lighthouse

Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens

Bishops' exchange boys at the Dutchies' Goodbye

Everyone at the Dutchies' Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment