Sunday, March 17, 2013

27. Final Day

Friday, March 15th, was our last day in Cape Town. It was also a special day at Bishops, as it was Founders Day. Celebrating the day that Bishops was founded, 164 years ago. The day started off with a one-hour chapel service. Afterwards, there was donuts and coke at Birt House. Then there was an inter-tutor soccer tournament in which all the tutor groups (mentorgroepen) played against each other. There was also Tug Of War (touwtrekken) and The Mile. The Mile is just people running from the one side of the long Bishops' driveway to the other side, they do it in all weird ways: there was one guy doing it in a wheelchair pulled by a bicycle. Domas and I weren't put in any team so we just walked around Bishops and watched what the other people were doing. We then walked over to Nikhal's house with Matías (from Argentina).

That afternoon, we went to Vida in Cavendish. We sad goodbye to all our friends and had our last chocolate frios. The goodbyeing was very sad. Matthew and I walked back home and I packed my bag.

We had dinner at a nice pub that apparently held the record of selling the most beer in one night in the Southern Hemisphere. I had a really good pizza with avo and bacon.

We had to be at the airport at nine, checked in, and goodbyed. Saying goodbye to our hosts and families was very sad and emotional. I felt very bleak.

The flight was long and I mostly slept. We arrived at Schiphol and I was reunited with my parents and sister. It's a really weird feeling knowing that exchange is over and I'm missing SA and my friends there already...

This is the end of my blog about my exchange to Cape Town, I hoped you enjoyed reading it!

Bye!

Pieter


No comments:

Post a Comment